Saturday, March 19, 2011

My New (Video Game) Obessions.

Being the weirdo/nerd/dork/gamer/geek that I am, I've obtained two new obsessions having to do with video games.

The first is collector's editions. I've become obsessed with getting collector's editions of games. My current collection of collector's editions is relatively small, but it will grow with time.

The whole thing started when I found out about the amazing LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition and pre-ordered it instantly. It comes with the game (duh), a bunch of DLC costumes for Sackboy, LittleBigPlanet 2 themed bookends (dubbed "game-ends"), and a 7" plush doll of Sackboy himself!



A few months later (the same month LBP2 came out), my good friend Brian told me that GameStop had clearance priced all of the remaining copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition ($29.99 new). It was too good of an offer to pass up, so I went out and grabbed it ASAP. It comes with the game (duh) in a collector's edition case and a bonus behind-the-scenes disk, a full size Batarang replica (modeled after the ones in the game), Dr. Young's Journal, which is an encyclopedia of Batman characters wrapped in a leather casing (not leather bound, the book is more akin to a graphic novel), and a HUGE bat-shaped case to store it all in.



This started the obsession. Not only do you get a great game, but a bunch of other awesome (albeit useless) crap to show off to people who don't have the collector's edition. It's the ultimate way of saying either, "I'm cooler than you," or, "Look at how big of a dork I am!"

... I haven't quite figured out which one it is yet.

I also recently picked up the Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Collector's Edition for $24.99 new on eBay. It comes with the game (duh), a 6" fully articulated action figure of Matt Baker (the main character in the game), a Brothers in Arms comic book, and a map of the entire operation that takes place during the game.



My other obsession is a much more costly endeavor, therefore it has been put on the back burner (somewhat). I'll write more about that one when I'm further along with it.

images borrowed from: littlebigplanet.com, videogameblogger.com, and amazon.com

No comments: