Does the title have enough acronyms for you?
For those not "in the know," Konami announced that they are releasing a Metal Gear Solid 4 Playstation 3 Limited Edition pack.
It comes with:
- Limited Edition 40GB Playstation 3 in Gun Metal Grey
- Metal Gear Solid 4 Special Edition (The $85 one)
- one Gun Metal Grey Dual Shock 3
- an exclusive blu-ray disc with crap like behind-the-scenes features
the price tag? $599.99. So is it worth it? is it worth paying an extra hundred dollars over the standard MGS4 PS3 pack coming out next month?
here's the specs on that pack:
- Piano Black (aka "Fingerprint Magnet Black") 80GB Playstation 3
- Metal Gear Solid 4 (standard edition)
- Matte Black Dual Shock 3 (just the standard one)
retails for :$499.99
so for $100 more than the standard pack, you get the special color and the special edition game, but you lose out on the (limited) PS2 compatibility, built-in card readers, and 2 usb ports. Sorry, but I have to go with the standard pack on this one. you get more for your money.
The LE pack is only available through konami.com and pre-orders started today.
images borrowed from engadget and amazon.com